Commitment To Educational Excellence
All educators, trainers, presenters, and sponsors contributing to PCA education resources of any kind must agree to uphold PCA’s Commitment To Educational Excellence. This Commitment is designed to maintain the highest quality of educational standards.
The benefits of a commitment to a high standard of educational excellence guarantee:
- Presenters’ professional reputations will become synonymous with the high quality education offered at PCA education events and will be viewed as a reputable business resource for contractors.
- PCA education will maintain consistency between its educational mission and products.
- Participants will continue to receive the high quality education they have come to expect from PCA programs.
To ensure the integrity of these benefits, presenters must be prepared to agree to the following standards:
- Delivery of the course, as approved by PCA Education, without disproportionate company/product/service endorsement, marketing, or bias.
- Limitation of company logos, product name, and/or branding.
- Distribution of information and handouts solely with intent to reinforce the learning objectives.
- Creative teaching techniques and devices appropriate for learning objectives and learning styles of attendees.
- Accuracy of all presentation materials and information.
- Conciseness of presentation-timing to fit parameters of course schedule.
- Refraining from requiring attendees to submit contact information.
- Direct coordination with, and required approval of, the PCA National Education Director (Chris Shank) for all details relevant to presentation information and materials, event logistics, and delivery specifications.
- Consistent and optimistic representation of PCA and all of its representatives, materials, and education in presenter's verbiage, conduct, and content in accordance with the superior quality and integrity of PCA's Ethics, Education and Excellence
It is the sole prerogative of the PCA Education Director and Education Committee to select presenters for all PCA education events, online or regional, including the PCA EXPO. The Education Committee bases its decisions on the knowledge and expertise of the speaker, relevance and usefulness of information, freshness of voice and presence, uniqueness of perspective and delivery, record of previous engagement results with various audiences, and with priority consideration given to PCA Associates and Sponsors.