A.E. Robert Friedman PCA Scholarship
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders
The PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship, originally established in 1978, is open to any high school senior or college-age student seeking to further their education. Students seeking to further education at a college or university are welcome to apply for the Education Scholarship and students starting their education for a career in the painting industry are welcome to apply for the Vocational Scholarship. Applicants may be if available sponsored by an active PCA member in good standing.
Scholarship Submission Open From October 1, 2020 to December 1, 2020.
PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Education Scholarship
Students applying to any state-certified university or college are eligible for this scholarship.
PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Vocational Education Scholarship
Students enrolled in a program in the painting or coatings industry are eligible for this scholarship. These programs might include state-certified community, vocational and technical institutions.
To be eligible for the PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship, candidates:
- May if available, be sponsored by an active PCA member in good standing.
- Must be at least a senior in high school at the time of application.
- Must pledge to use any scholarship award granted toward vocational, college or post-college studies.
- Are not required to be a member of PCA, related to a PCA member or an employee of a PCA member, or to have any other connection with PCA.
- Subject to the above requirements, any individual shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
- The PCA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee will make annual awards based upon character, financial need, and upon full or part-time attendance in an accredited junior college, college, university, vocational, or post-graduate institution. The PCA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee reserve the right to investigate and verify any information or data submitted by the candidate.
The PCA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee shall, in their absolute discretion, select the recipients of these awards (to be known as the PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship Award as well as determine the number of eligible recipients each year. In no case shall a recipient be eligible to receive an award for more than four (4) years.
The announcement of the scholarship recipients shall be communicated and publicized at the PCA EXPO. All awards will be in the form of a check accompanied by other means of recognition of the successful candidates' status as may be prescribed by the PCA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee. The PCA Education Foundation Scholarship Committee reserve the right to make the award check payable to the institution attended by the successful candidate.