PCA A.E. Robert Friedman PCA Scholarship
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders
The PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship, originally established in 1978, is open to any high school senior or college-age student seeking to further their education. Applicants must be sponsored by an active PCA member in good standing.
Applications (formerly nominations) are currently being accepted online, via mail or email. Send your completed application with the appropriate documents to PCA Associate Executive Director, John Schwent, at jschwent@PCApaintED.org.
Complete your application online today or download the application. Now accepting applications through December 7, 2019.
Winners will be announced at the 2020 EXPO in Phoenix-Glendale, Arizona.
PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Education Scholarship
Students who are sponsored by a PCA National Member and will be applying to any state certified University or College are eligible for this scholarship.
PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Vocational Education Scholarship
Students who are sponsored by a PCA National Member and will be applying to any state-certified community, vocational/technical institution or students who can demonstrate a need for additional funding to complete their programs in a painting or coatings industry-related field of study are eligible for this scholarship.
To be eligible for an award from the PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship Fund, candidates:
- Must be sponsored by an active PCA member in good standing.
- Must be at least a senior in high school at the time of application.
- Must pledge to use any scholarship award granted toward vocational, college or post-college studies.
- Are not required to be a member of PCA, related to a PCA member or an employee of a PCA member, or to have any other connection with PCA.
- Subject to the above requirements, any individual shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
- The trustees will make annual awards based upon character, financial need, and upon full or part-time attendance in an accredited junior college, college, university, vocational, or post-graduate institution. The trustees reserve the right to investigate and verify any information or data submitted by the candidate.
The Trustees shall, in their absolute discretion, select the recipients of these awards (to be known as the PCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship Award) as well as determine the number of eligible recipients each year. In no case shall a recipient be eligible to receive an award for more than four (4) years.
The announcement of the awards shall be communicated and publicized at the PCA EXPO. All awards will be in the form of a check accompanied by other means of recognition of the successful candidates' status as may be prescribed by the trustees. The Trustees reserve the right to make the award check payable to the institution attended by the successful candidate.
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Scholarship Recipients
“My goal is to complete college as debt-free as possible so I can start a career or business. I intend to use the money for tuition and fees. I want to thank all the [PCA] members for their generosity.”
“I hope to use this scholarship to be able to reduce the amount of hours I work in order to focus on my school work more to get the most out of my education.”
“Because of your generosity, I am one step closer to giving back to the community through my future profession, occupational therapy. I will seek employment working with individuals with mental disabilities.”